Monday, July 7, 2008

Thing #9 week 4

This week I explored different blogs and news feeds.  This exercise was fun and I found a lot of resources I plan on using when school starts again.  Bloglines was o.k and easy to follow.  One of the topics I researched was earthquakes and volcanos and I found a lot of information.  I teach this subject for 5th grade science and my students are really fasinated with this topic.  This site was easy to find information on since you just type in a keyword to search.  Google blog looks a lot like bloglines both sites allow you to search under a keyword.  Technorati is very easy to navigate and one of my favorite sites because fairbanks news comes up on the first page along with U.S news.  This is a site I will look at often because I like to see what is happening in fairbanks daily.   I could not get syndic8.com to open up after I tried several times.  Blog pulse was neat and LA and LV was online to chat.  

1 comment:

Ann said...

I find the the sheer number of blogs and news feeds is overwhelming and I tend to stick with ones that have been recommended or reviewed. I had no idea, until I did this class, how many search sites were out there. As you noted, some are better than others.

Ann