Tuesday, July 8, 2008

week 5 thing 11

For my discovery exercise I choose criagslist.org.  I picked this website from the short list.  I enjoyed craigslist because it is like an online garage sale/ classified ads.  The ads are organized by subject you can find what you are looking for easily.  For Alaska you have ads from fairbanks and anchorage and other small cities.  I could of bought a lot of things I didn't need.  The sites useful features was the way the site was organized in category.  I could find used cars all the way to a washer and dryer.  Some of the ads had pictures attached so you could see what a house for sale looks like all the way to what a TV for sale looks like.  I don't think this site would be used in a library setting for children.  I think it would be useful in a public library though since people are always looking for a good deal or a job.  Craigslist even has job postings.   

1 comment:

Ann said...

I have to admit that I haven't been on Craig's List. I guess it is fear that it will become another time suck that I just don't have time for....I do, however, have friends that love it and use it frequently. I think it is an interesting outgrowth of this online communication explosion we are seeing world wide.

Ann