Wednesday, July 9, 2008

week 6 #15

The two articles I read were "Away from Icebergs" and "Into a new world of librarianship."  My thoughts about "Away from Icebergs" was agreeing with most of the points the author talked about.  I agree with him about teachers asking the librarian for help when researching things and the lack of assistance the librarian has with training teachers on how to use resources.  Librarians have a hard job because they have students and teachers always asking for help or assistance when looking for research.  Also the author talked about keeping books that are out of print.  The North Pole Public Library has so many books that many of them aren't even on the shelves they are on book carts because of limited space.  I'm sure that a lot of the books get used.  Library 2.0 means good things to happen in the future for finding resources to increase my students learning.  Library 2.0 means to school libraries an easier way to store resources and informations for their schools.  

1 comment:

Ann said...

Another great article is called "Is Google Making Us Stupid".
http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200807/google

I thought the author made many good points.

Ann