Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Week 6 #14

Wow, I am surprised on how many people blog.  I have heard of blogging but have never taken part in it.  When I went through Technorati and typed in school library learning 2.0 I can across a lot of sites.  Most of the sites were interesting to me while reading them.  The sites with kids sharing their ideas and thoughts was very neat.  I had the same results in the blog tags and blog directory.  For me looking through the blog directory was easier and more time efficient.  Looking through blog tags took longer.  While looking through popular blog, searches and tags the only thing that surprised me was how many people blog out there.  Like I said earlier I am surprised with how many people blog.  I don't think everyone one is familiar with blogging and once more people are aware of it I am sure the numbers will sky rocket.   

1 comment:

Raven About Web 2.0 Team said...

On the tagging thing, consistency is the key (which makes me feel doomed from the start) I worked hard to name my files logically, but I just don't always think of the same tags for similar items. Guess it will take more practice.

I have to admit that the technorati search left me, how does my niece put it...under whelmed :-) I tend to have much better luck finding things through recommendation and in reviews in professional journals. I haven't played much with the directory in Technorati. I will have to go back and look at that.

Ann