Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Week 6 #13

I think using del.icio.us is a good tool for organizing websites.  I agree with this tool being like a bookmark for filing materials.  I have a lot of websites saved under my bookmark tab and need to organizes them.  I plan on trying del.icio.us to help same me time when looking up different resources.  I can also share some of my resources with coworkers and leave comments on sites that are helpful to me or why I used this particular site. They in return can leave their own comments and information for me to see.  I can see the potential of this tool for research assistance.  By being able to add comments people can research the information under del.icio.us and read other peoples comments and add their own.  Libraries can take advantage of this by having websites marked for teachers who are looking for a specific topic.  I looked at the cartoon websites and this was interesting.   

1 comment:

Raven About Web 2.0 Team said...

I have to admit that del.icio.us is my new best friend. Now that I have updated my firefox I have a side bar where I can access my Del.icio.us bookmarks right fromt he browser without going to the site and I can search there. It has eliminated that very annoying problem about which browser and which computer did I save that in.

Ann